| Located near the center of Hue city (in Ham Long hill, adjacent to Dien Bien Phu street), the pagoda was founded by Superior Buddhist monk Giac Phong at the end of 17th century. In 1747, Bao Quoc pagoda was noted in the list of national pagodas.
Despite of a lot of restorations (1802, 1824, 1858, 1957), the pagoda has not lost its ancient architecture’s charm. Since 1940, Bao Quoc pagoda has become a well-known Buddhist Training Center. |