Tu Hieu Pagoda

Located on a pine hill, 5 km from Hue city’s center to the South-West, Tu Hieu Pagoda was established in 1843 by Superior Buddhist monk Nhat Dinh. At first, it was a small-scale Convalescent Temple, then in 1848, eunuchs of the Nguyen Dynasty appealed to the emperor for financial support and together with their contribution, it was reconstructed into a pagoda of large-scale as seen today. The eunuchs hoped that it would be a place of worship for them after their death.

Later, the pagoda was bestowed “Royal decree: Tu Hieu pagoda” by Emperor Tu Duc. The name of Tu Hieu has come into being from that time on. Among pagodas in Hue, the landscape around Tu Hieu pagoda proves to be most beautiful.
 
Print |   Share
---