Tu Dam Pagoda

Located 2km from Hue center to the South, Tu Dam pagoda was established in 1695 by Superior Buddhist monk Minh Hoang Tu Dung. In 1703, the pagoda was bestowed “Royal decree: An Ton pagoda” by Lord Nguyen Phuc Chu. The name of An Ton came into being from that time on. In 1841 (the first year of Thieu Tri's reign), the name of the pagoda was changed into Tu Dam.


In the history of development and religious practice of Vietnamese Buddhism, Tu Dam Pagoda has been an important center. At present, Tu Dam is the headquarter of the Vietnamese Buddhist Association in Thua Thien Hue province.

 
Print |   Share
---